Civil Litigator and Bankruptcy Lawyer
ARTHUR LINDQUIST-KLEISSLER graduated from the University of Denver, College of Law, with a Juris Doctorate in 1979. Specializing since 1979 in Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation, he has had more than 30 years of experience in this field. He has wide-ranging experience in representing debtors, creditors, creditor committees, depositor committees and bankruptcy trustees in Chapter 7s, 11s, and 13s. He has also represented secured and unsecured lenders in non-judicial workouts, financial restructurings, consensual foreclosures, and receivership proceedings in state and federal courts.
Bankruptcy Lawyer and Insolvency Practitioner
Unlike many insolvency practitioners, Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler is also a litigator, having defended and prosecuted many lawsuits, contested matters, and adversary proceedings in all of the Colorado State courts, the Bankruptcy Courts, the United States District Courts, the BAP (Bankruptcy Appellate Panel), and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. He is also licensed before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler’s primary representation has been in the area of small to medium size businesses and professional practices, including medical practices, dental practices, and in accountancy. In this role, he has advised many types of businesses engaged in a wide variety of enterprises, including Norwest Financial Colorado, Inc., National City Bank, Court-Appointed Depositors Committee of Colorado Industrial Bank, CDM Companies, Inc., Entre Computer Corp., Quizno’s, and a variety of non-profit organizations, including the Colorado Women’s Forum and Health Administration, Genesis Jobs, Inc., and Denver Mobility, Inc.
Furthermore, Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler has represented overseas businesses including Christian Seltmann Porcelain Factory, Germany. Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler is a member of and/or has lectured for the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), and the National Business Institute (NBI). Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler has been a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy. He is a lifetime member of Strathmore’s Who’s-Who. Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler has been qualified and testified as an expert before various courts in the areas of bankruptcy and attorney’s fees.
Experienced Civil Litigator
Unlike many bankruptcy attorneys, Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler is an experienced civil litigator having conducted the prosecution and defense of many adversary proceedings, lawsuits, hearings, contempt hearings, and proceedings concerning bankruptcy crimes. His civil litigation experience, including outside of the bankruptcy courts includes construction litigation, mechanic’s lien litigation, defamation, slander, fraud, misrepresentation, personal injury, breach of contract, civil theft, theft, real estate, real estate development, etc.
Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler received his BA degree, Cum Laude, in Political Science and Economics from Drew University in Madison, New Jersey. He has participated in externship programs at the United Nations and the London School of Economics, London, England. Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler is admitted to the State Bar of Colorado (1979), U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (1979), the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals (1984), and the United States Supreme Court (1994). He has lived abroad in London, England and Egersund, Norway.
Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler has achieved the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (LexisNexis) which is the highest Peer Review Rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary.
Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler has been admitted to Bankruptcy Courts, Pro Hoc Vice, in national bankruptcy cases and/or has participated in national bankruptcy cases, including the Circuit City Stores, Inc., (Chapter 11 converted to Chapter 7 – Case No. 08-35653) in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division; Commissary Operations, Inc., (Chapter 11 – Case No. 308-06279) in the Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville Division; The Enron Corp., (Chapter 11 – Case No. 01-16034) in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York; In re ARC Venture Holding, Inc., dba Advantage Rent-A-Car, Inc., (Chapter 11 – Consolidated Case No. 08-46367) in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota, etc.
His most recent speaking engagements include:
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s 19th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference January 23-24, 2014 – “Negotiating the Turns through Commercial Chapter 13 and Business Chapter 7 Cases.”
- The National Business Institute’s – “Bankruptcy Litigation 101” – Contested Motions Practice and Preferences held August 16, 2013, Denver, Colorado.
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s 18th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on Bankruptcy Crimes held January 23 -25, 2013.
- The National Business Institute’s – “Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy: Line-by-Line Workshop” – held August 20, 2012, Denver, Colorado.
- The National Business Institute’s – “Bankruptcy Litigation 101” held July 22, 2011, Denver, Colorado.
- The Denver Medical Society’s Bankruptcy Seminar To Young Physicians, held October 23, 2008.
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s 13th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on Pre-Bankruptcy Planning Under BAPCPA held February 14-15, 2008;
- The Colorado Bar Association’s “Life After Bankruptcy Reform.” held March 23, 2007;
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s 12th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on The Intersection between Domestic Relations, Probate, and Bankruptcy held January 25-27, 2007 with the Honorable Howard R. Tallman;
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s, 11th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on Practice and Procedures under the New Bankruptcy Act held on January 26-28, 2006;
- The Colorado Bar Association’s Practice and Procedure Under the New Bankruptcy Act held on October 6 & 7, 2005 in Denver, Colorado;
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s, 10th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on “Avoiding, Identifying, And Addressing Bankruptcy Crimes held February 10-12, 2005 in Denver, Colorado;
- The Colorado Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Update Conference held on October 21, 2004 in Denver, Colorado (Small Business Bankruptcies: A Practical Guide);
- The Colorado Bar Association’s Annual Spring Bankruptcy Conference held on May 20, 2004 in Denver, Colorado (Spring Bankruptcy Update);
- The American Bankruptcy Institute’s, 9th Annual Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference on the subject of Chapter 7 & 13 for Small Business held on February 5-7, 2004 in Denver, Colorado;
Arthur Lindquist-Kleissler lives in Greenwood Village, Colorado with his wife of 38 years. They have 3 children (2 girls and 1 boy) ages 23, 21, and 19.