July 31, 2014
When you are ready to submit your bankruptcy petition to a Colorado court for consideration, you will have to pay some court fees in order for the petition to be reviewed and processed. Below is a look at the Colorado bankruptcy court fees you can expect to pay.
Keep in mind that:
- These may not be the only costs of filing for bankruptcy in CO.
- While these fees may seem costly, they are very nominal, especially when you may be facing thousands of dollars of debt, the possibility of losing your home and other serious consequences.
- The Colorado bankruptcy court may update these fees at any time, so it’s best to consult the court (click here to see the court’s website) for the most up-to-date bankruptcy filing fees.
Colorado Bankruptcy Court Fee Schedule
|Bankruptcy Case||Filing Fees
(as of June 2014)
|Chapter 7 bankruptcy||$335.00|
|Chapter 9 bankruptcy||$1,717.00|
|Chapter 11 bankruptcy||$1,717.00|
|Chapter 13 bankruptcy||$310.00|
|Converting a Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7||$15.00|
|Converting a Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7||$25.00|
|Converting a Chapter 7 to a Chapter 11||$922.00|
|Converting a Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13||$932.00|
Additional fees may be assessed for copying costs, archive retrievals, separating joint filings and/or filing appeals to the bankruptcy court’s decisions.
Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer at Lindquist-Kleissler & Company, LLC
If you are buried in overwhelming debt or are facing a serious financial crisis, Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer Arthur Lindquist-Kleissler can help you figure out your best options for resolving your financial issues.
For more than 34 years, Mr. Lindquist-Kleissler and the other legal professionals at Lindquist-Kleissler & Company, LLC have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of debt relief and bankruptcy services to both individuals and businesses alike. This means that our clients can always count on us to:
- Bring a fresh perspective to their financial issues
- Examine non-traditional options for their cases
- Effectively handle both simple and complex bankruptcy cases alike
- Maximize utilization of Colorado Bankruptcy Law
- Represent them in civil litigation matters associated with bankruptcy
- Efficiently navigate the bankruptcy process so they can achieve the best possible resolutions to their cases.
The bottom line is that, at Lindquist-Kleissler & Company, LLC, our Denver bankruptcy attorney is committed to helping each of his clients resolve their case as efficiently and favorably as possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consult
For a free 30-minute consult to discuss your options for debt relief, contact us by calling (303) 691-9774, or email us using the contact form on this page. You will pay nothing up front to obtain trusted, professional advice regarding your case and your options.
From our office in Denver, Arthur Lindquist-Kleissler represents clients throughout the Great Denver Metropolitan area and Colorado, including (but not limited to) Aurora and Arapahoe County.